Sunday, September 2, 2012

Why Blog?

September 2, 2012

Recently while talking to my son, Jim, he suggested I begin a blog.  He knows I have spent many hours writing down thoughts, frustrations, fears and insights in journals of the handwritten and in the current decade, computer format.  I have a half finished book that begs to be finished which I have transferred from one harddrive to the next since 1994.  Perhaps,  some of my better thoughts will help others if I blog.  The unfinished book on my computer is about forgiving those who have caused you emotional pain.  It was a venue in which I wrote down what I learned about forgiving  and shared it with a few others.  I have a collection of much poetic prose which I write to somewhat disguise what I am talking about. I am a prolific but undisciplined writer.

Helping others has been the purpose for my life for as long as I can remember.  I have been an administrative assistant in my youth and post higher education, a therapist, an administrator in nonprofits and a corporate liaison to the world of mental/behavioral health.  I have listened to stories that would shock, provoke, and frighten you.  I have experienced things which would shock, provoke and frighten some.   I learned to listen with a calm, compassionate countenance.   I have tried to find words of comfort where none could really comfort.  I have struggled with my own insecurities, anger and fears.  I am a mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, friend, enemy and, in the past, a wife.  I have disappointed those who love me and myself at times.  In short, I am a human being.

I have studied Christianity, Buddhism and the origin of religion.  I have studied nontraditional views of spiritualism.  I have studied various ways of improving myself as a human being who responds out of love rather than fear.   I yearn for a world full of people being kind to one another. 

I do not know that this blog will help anyone, but as is the case whenever I write something down, I know it will help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment