Thursday, February 16, 2023

I Love Lucy

 I am happy to report that I have a new dog.  Her name is Lucy Diamond  (named after that awesome Beatles song, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”).  I struggled over the decision to find a dog for months.  I was not sure why I was hesitating despite everyone in the world that I mentioned getting a next dog to, saying “you need a dog”.  As I contemplated whether I really desired Lucy, the  universe helped me figure it out and move to a more loving place with myself. 

Sometimes we know what our heart desires but we do not feel worthy, so we do not do what our heart truly desires.  Some call it imposters syndrome, some call it low self worth, some call it unresolved past traumas.  

The layers of guilt and shame that stand between having what our heart truly desires varies in number and intensity.  How do you move to the place where you will allow yourself to have your deepest desires?  Simply stated, you must face your truth, feel it, and forgive it.  This is the journey to finding loving kindness or compassion for yourself.  I will be honest, the feelings are intense.  

It requires honesty with yourself.  It requires finally realizing that you truly have always done your best.  It requires you speaking to that hurt little child inside you and saying the words longed for.  “I did not do anything wrong.  I love you, I always have and always will.”  You say it from the deepest place of feeling within you. The depth increases as you more fully accept you.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment