Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

There is nothing more delightful to see than my sons being awesome father's to their children.

Yesterday I watched my 3.75 year old granddaughter play with her dad in the pool.  I had quite a few moments of recalling her dad doing similar antics with me when he was her age - discovering goggles underwater and playing tirelessly once the basics of aquatic life were learned.  He became dad to his second child this year.  

My oldest son became a dad this year for the first time and has an 8 month old daughter.  When he beams at his progeny  and worries over details of her life, I revisit those parts of parenthood.  She is the apple of his eye, that is clear to see.  I revel in watching his family grow.  

The contentment I feel as I watch scenes  with my sons featured as dad's fills every portion  of my being.  

I am so proud of both son's for the way they tackle life as parents, and find joy, peace and new levels of love within themselves.  

For all dad's everywhere, know that grandparents do notice what you are doing and are filled with pride at all you do to care for your children.   Thank you for all you do to help this generation become all they can be.   Remember to be in the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment